Why Responders 1st Call®?
Every day First Responders make instantaneous decisions which save other people's lives... but:
- What happens when the responders are in crisis?
- Who is there to help them through their tough times?
- Who is providing support to the families of first responders when the emotional side effects of trauma spill into everyday living and working activities?
- What emotional support is available to help first responders heal from stress injuries and incidents?
Overview of Responders 1st Call® Solutions
Real-time Trauma Helpline - Behavioral Health specialists experienced in critical incident stress management help Responders compartmentalize, relieve stress, and feel whole again.
On-demand mental health counseling for the First Responder and family to address and alleviate work or personal stressors, emotional health issues such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse, relationships, or other events which interfere with daily life.
A virtual self-directed, web-based solution to heal the brain by compartmentalizing trauma through Virtual Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing.
Benefits for First Responders
Allows First Responders to:
- Feel Whole Again
- Be Confident Moving Forward
- Stop Worrying
- Let Their Brain Heal
- Get a Full Night's Sleep
- Always Confidential
- Informal and Anonymous
- Real-Time On-Demand - Immediately Available 24/7
- Clinicians Experienced in Dealing With Trauma and With First Responders
- Renewed Energy
- Reduced Emotional Pain
- Freedom From Mental Torment
- Healing on Their Terms and Schedule
- Highly Trained Trauma Specialists Experienced in Disruptive, Critical Incident Stress Management With First Responders 24/7
Benefits for the Organization
- Protect your greatest asset ~ your First Responder and their greatest asset, their families
- Prevent suicides
- Prevent work comp and disability claims
- Reduce absenteeism: Stress, depression & anxiety account for 57% of all working days lost in 2018 (Source)
- Keep First Responders focused and on the job
- Provide supplemental 24/7 support to peer support groups and other departmental tools
- Improved morale and employee retention