Featured Articles

EMS PTSD Statistics
More than 90% of police and EMTs report exposure to trauma. Yet, only 49% of first responders were offered "Emotional First Aid" after traumatic events.
Costs & Policy Implications
A recent study revealed that the average cost of one suicide was $1,329,553. More than 97% of this cost was due to lost productivity. The remaining 3% were costs associated with medical treatment.
Firefighter Suicide Rates
Only 40% of firefighter suicides are reported, which means, the approximate number of suicides in 2017 was 257 - more than twice the number of firefighters who died in the line of duty.
Best Practices & Treatment Options
Maintaining optimum mental wellness is a critical part of helping first responders to remain active and effective both on the job and at home.