ON-DEMAND HELPLINE FOR TRAUMA ISSUES IMPACTING FIRST RESPONDERS...JUST CALL
When the body encounters serious physical or emotional trauma, it frequently struggles to process these events. Many times, the results are feelings of anger, fear, shock, guilt, and often severe anxiety. It overwhelms an individual's ability to cope. As these feelings expand, or the incidents continue, a First Responder's need for assistance multiplies.
Responders 1st CallTM provides solutions through experienced Behavioral Health clinicians specialized in healing emotional trauma stress injuries and stress incidents. This allows the First Responder to mentally and physically heal from the trauma experience, destress, feel whole again, and confident to move forward.
The process is simple:
- The First Responder calls the confidential trauma helpline, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year after a traumatic event
- First Responders are immediately connected to a Behavioral Health Trauma Specialist experienced in critical incident stress management to help the caller compartmentalize the incident, stop worrying, reenergize, and get a good night's rest
- First Responder's access the Trauma Helpline as needed, control the call length and direction of the call
The call is confidential, informal, and anonymous:
- All communication is 100% confidential; no identifying information will be released to the employer, department, supervisors, or peers
- The conversation is protected as a medical provider-patient privileged communication
- Responders call any time, from anywhere, as needed
- NO appointment, NO travel to a clinician or other support services, No paperwork
Trust and competence are critical:
- Thirty-six years of trauma response and behavioral health experience, both on-site and virtual, including disruptive event involvement with 9/11 Twin Towers in New York City, 1987 Amtrak collision in Chase, MD, Baltimore Police Critical Response Program, and many other First Responder organizations
- We provide Behavioral Health care to organizations, companies, and municipalities across the country and currently service over 1.5 million individuals
- Clinicians are experienced in disruptive, critical incident stress management and working directly with First Responders
RESPONDERS 1ST CallTM... EXCEPTIONAL VALUE FOR ENTIRE ORGANIZATION:
- Every day First Responders make decisions which save other people's lives; this is your organization's opportunity to protect your greatest asset, your First Responders
- To prevent Work Comp and Disability claims, through prevention and reduction of stress and pressure from traumatic events
- To provide additional emotional support paid for by the organization
- To enhance recruiting, morale, and employee retention
- To decrease absenteeism and presenteeism
"We're afraid of how others will perceive us, and we are very good at hiding our torment from family and co-workers. I call this feeling the false okay, and I have created a few images portraying this state of mind. Here are some signs and symptoms of the fault okay:
- Loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Withdrawn and distant
- Irritable behavior, angry outburst, or acting aggressively
- Taking too many risks or doing things that could cause them harm
- Being jumpy or easily startled."
Dan Sundahl - artist, Fire Fighter, Paramedic, Public Speaker dansunphoto.com
If you or your co-workers experience any of these signs or symptoms, Responders 1st CallTM is here for you. - HELP!...when you need it, on your schedule...JUST CALL
Responders 1st CallTM - Committed to Helping You Heal
- Call the On-Demand Trauma Helpline as needed after an emotional trauma stress injury or stress incident
- Responder is immediately connected to an experienced Behavioral Health clinician specialized in dealing with both trauma and First Responders, available anytime, anywhere
- The Behavioral Health clinician assists the First Responder to compartmentalize the trauma and begin to heal the brain
- All calls are confidential, informal, anonymous
- The Trauma Helpline provides supplemental assistance 24/7/365 to peer support teams and other department programs
"When you wake up in the morning, and it's your first 10, 12, 14, or 24-hour day of your tour, what are the very first thoughts that cross your mind? Are you excited, enthusiastic, and eager? Or are you anxious, worried, and depressed? Some of us are overcome by a wave of worry and fear when it's time to go to work and no one knows because we're really good at hiding it."
- Dan Sun
Artist, Firefighter, Paramedic, Public Speaker
Responders 1st CallTM professional Behavioral Health clinicians are available on-demand, as needed, 24/7/365 ...this is your opportunity to stop hiding and help yourself.